- June 20
- Razer purchased a minority 19.9% interest in MOL Global, Inc.
- May 23
- MOL partners with Alipay to offer Alipay Mobile Wallet Payment Acceptance at 7- Eleven
- May 1
- MOLWallet rebranded to One2pay
- MOL had a soft launch for its new solution called MOLWallet
- Apr 22
- MOL is quoted on the OTC Pink market
- Apr 13
- MOL Global, Inc. announces NASDAQ delisting and deregistration
- Jan 12
- MOL partnered with Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong Limited to provide MOLPoints to top-up PlayStation®Network (PSN™) account.
- Jan 8
- MOL announces change of management
- May 7
- MOL partnered with a Beijing-based, Changyou.com Limited, operator of the mobile application store, Mobogenie.
- Feb 26
- MOL partnered with Cosway (M) Sdn. Bhd., to expand MOLReloads and its e-commerce initiatives.
- Completed the PayByMe carrier billing acquisition in Turkey and the Middle East
MOLStore, a mobile application store built on Android OS rolled-out in Malaysia
- Oct 9
- Listed on Nasdaq as MOL Global, Inc. (Nasdaq:MOLG)
- May 28
- 7-Eleven Malaysia expands its in-store services with MOL
Easy2Pay acquisition in Thailand
- Feb 26
- InComm announces partnership with MOL in Southeast Asia for POSA Gift Cards
- Feb 19
- DYMM Sultan Ibrahim of Johor acquires substantial stake in MOL
- Sept 20
- MOL Launches MOLPoints Online Game and Digital Goods Payment Platform in North America & Latin America
- June 11
- MOL Partners with Blizzard Entertainment
Established an office in Taiwan
- June 4
- Friendster signs exclusive partnership agreement with Kakao to promote the KakaoTalk mobile platform in Malaysia
- May 14
- MOL Indonesia Forms Strategic Partnership with Alfamart and Alfamidi
- Apr 23
- MOL entered into a joint venture agreement with a Vietnamese e-commerce group, PeaceSoft Solutions Corporation to acquire stake in NganLuong Joint Stock Company
- Mar 20
- MOL Indonesia acquires AyoPay, Indonesia, a leading payment service provider specialised in online game credit.
- Mar 12
- MOL takes majority stake in Turkey’s Game Sultan and PaytoGo.
- Oct 8
- MOL takes majority stake in Rixty Inc., giving it a presence in the United States and Brazil.
Signs joint venture agreement with Soft Space Int. Sdn. Bhd. to establish MOLCube for cashless transaction using mobile phone.
- Establishes MOL Australia and New Zealand through a majority investment in Ocash Pty Ltd, a local payment service provider specialised in online game credit.
- May 10
- Malaysian Electronic Clearing Corporation Sdn. Bhd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank Negara Malaysia, appointed MOLPay Sdn. Bhd., a subsidiary of the MOL Global Group as its official online merchant acquirer for MyClear’s Financial Process Exchange (FPX) and Direct Debit services.
- Apr 25
- Friendster officially announces its redesign as Southeast Asia’s social discovery and gaming platform.
- Establishes MOL Indonesia to roll-out services in Indonesia.
- MOL acquires NetBuilder to form MOLPay, a joint venture with NetBuilder to enter into the e-commerce and group buying payments industry.
- July 25
- MOL Thailand acquires Zest Interactive, Thailand’s leading online games distributor.
- June 1
- MOL acquires LoadCentral, Philippines, a leading prepaid payment platform.
- Facebook partnership
- MOL acquires Friendster Inc.
- Establishes MOL Thailand by acquiring Funloader, Thailand’s premier online gaming distribution company.
- Establishes MOL Singapore to roll-out services in Singapore.
- MOL AccessPortal was privatised by Tan Sri Vincent Tan, Founder of Berjaya Corporation due to regional expansion strategy.
MOLReloads was launched
- MOL AccessPortal was listed on the MESDAQ Market of the Malaysian Stock Exchange.
- Obtained approval from Central Bank of Malaysia as an e-Money operator.
- MOLPoints Malaysia was launched
- MOL was founded.